How to set up IQStream TV
IQStream TV is a revolutionary device that allows streaming from your TV directly to your IQbuds. You can control the TV volume using the IQbuds App streaming audio completely independently of others in the room for a truly immersive personal surround sound experience.
When first unboxing, check you have all the correct items in the box:
- An optical adapter
- The IQStream TV
- RCA Adapter Cable
- Optical Cable
- 5mm auxiliary cable
- USB Power Cable
If you’re missing any of these items, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting the IQStream to power
- To connect the IQStream to power, take the USB cable and connect it to the USB port at the back of the IQStream.
- Take the other end of the USB cable, and plug it into the back of the TV. The light on your IQStream will flash white the first time it is connected.
Connecting IQStream to Digital Audio
For best quality audio, we recommend using a digital audio connection for IQStream TV. Most modern TVs are equipped with an Optical Audio input port. If your TV doesn’t have an Optical Audio input port, you will need to use an analog audio connection.
- Take the Optical Audio cable and remove the protective caps from each end.
- Take the green end of the Optical Cable, and plug it into the In port at the back of your IQStream.
- Take the other end and plug it into the Digital Optical Audio port at the back of the TV.
Connecting IQStream to Analog Audio
IQStream TV is equipped with both digital and analog audio connections.
For analog audio connections, you will need two cables: the 3.5mm auxiliary cable, and the RCA adapter cable.
- Take the green end of the auxiliary cable, and plug it into the In port on the IQStream TV.
- Take the other end of the auxiliary cable, and connect it with the RCA cable.
- Locate the matching ports on the back of your TV.
- Look for the red and white Audio output ports on the back of your TV.
- Connect the matching red and white RCA cables to these ports.
Connecting IQStream to External Audio
The IQStream TV has been designed with audio in and out connections for audio passthrough, so it can be used alongside existing TV audio equipment, including soundbars, and component audio systems.
You will need an external audio connection for others to hear TV audio with you. Audio will flow out of your TV and into the IQStream, then out of your IQStream and into your soundbar, creating a full flow of audio for you and for others to enjoy.
- The soundbar you purchase will come with a digital optical cable. Find this and attach the digital optical adapter provided with your IQStream TV to this optical cable.
- Take the end with the adapter, and plug it into the Out port on the IQStream TV.
- Take the other end of the cable, and connect it to the digital optical in port on your soundbar.
This completes your setup. You can follow the same procedure for connecting to bigger audio component systems.
Connecting your IQStream to the IQbuds App
- First, ensure both buds are firmly in your ears.
- Open the IQbuds App.
- Tap IQStream at the bottom of the screen.
- Take your phone to your IQStream TV. Slowly and gently tap your phone on the IQStream to connect. IQStream will connect automatically. You can now name the room you are using the IQStream in.
- Tap the room you would like to select. IQbuds will now stream from that location.
- Begin playing TV audio to stream directly to your IQbuds.
- Use the TV Slider control to adjust the volume.