What this article covers:
There are two possible error messages that may appear while attempting to update your IQbuds after clicking ‘Get Started’. Please scroll down for solutions to the error message that you are experiencing.
- Unable to Communicate with an IQbud (1 or 2), OR Unable to Communicate with either IQbud.
- IQbuds Charge Case Not Detected.
There are two possible error messages when the Updater is unable to connect with one or either IQbuds (see above).
- “Unable to communicate with an IQbud (this may say 1 or 2). Please check both IQbuds are seated correctly in the charge case.”
- “Unable to communicate with either IQbud. Please check both IQbuds are seated correctly in the charge case.”
When closing the lid on the charge case, two red LED lights should appear. If this does not occur, this means that there is a problem with the buds connecting with the gold spring loaded charging contacts within the case.
- Make sure the buds are fully charged before attempting to update them. You will see they are charged when two green lights appear on the front of the charging case with one quick press of the button.
- You may need to arrange the buds a few times to get them to connect properly to the charging contacts. If unable to communicate with IQbud (1), it is the left bud that is not connecting properly. If (2), it is the right.
- If you have large rubber tips on your IQbuds they may be keeping the buds from seating properly in the charging case. You may need to remove them for charging and updating.
The error reads: “IQbuds charge case not detected. Please connect IQbuds charge case to your computer or check your cable.”
There are a few possible solutions to help the Updater detect the charging case.
- Please check the USB cable connection and be sure to use the supplied IQbud USB cable. Many aftermarket cables will not work properly.
- Check that the Cypress driver has been detected.
a. To do this, click the Apple Icon at the top left of the screen. Select ‘About this Mac’, then click System Report. Confirm that there is a USB-Serial device from Cypress Semiconductor (listed under Manufacturer).
b. If there is no USB-Serial device from Cypress Semiconductor listed, please provide us with a screenshot of your full screen.
- Some anti-virus programs may block the device. Make sure that the IQbuds are 'Allowed' in the program's settings.
- If trying to update and connect on a company computer, some companies block the use of unrecognised cable connections.
- Try uninstalling the Updater from your computer, and re-installing. Then retry the Updater.
- If you have access to another computer, download the Updater and try to update your IQbuds. This may help to narrow down whether it is a problem with the IQbuds or your computer.