Do any of the following situations sound familiar?
- It seems as though people are constantly mumbling
- You ask others to repeat themselves on a regular basis
- Conversations become muddled or indecipherable in noisy environments
- Others complain that the TV volume is too loud
- It’s difficult to hear certain voices, particularly those of women or children
- You no longer hear noises like rustling leaves, footsteps, or whispers
- Music sounds less rich or full-bodied than it used to
If so, it’s possible you may have some degree of hearing loss. As mentioned earlier, it’s an incredibly common health condition, and thankfully there are now ways you can hear better that are affordable and could improve the quality of your life. Treating hearing loss can provide significant benefits including enhanced mood, greater productivity, and even the potential to reduce risk of future cognitive decline.