The NuhearaCare Extended Warranty & Accidental Damage Coverage can only be purchased in the US Store.
FAQ: Accidental Damage and Handling Extended Warranty
1. What is an Extend Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) Protection Plan?
The Extend ADH Protection Plan begins at the time the customer purchases the product and lasts for the duration of the term it was purchased for. The ADH plan covers damage caused by accidents such as drops, breaks, and spills.
If the ADH protection plan lasts longer than the manufacturer’s warranty, the ADH plan will also cover mechanical and electrical failure, just like a regular extended warranty plan, once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired.
For example, if a customer buys a 2-year ADH plan on an item that has a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty, during the first year you’ll make claims with Nuheara for technical defects, or make claims with Extend for accidental damage. During the second year, you'll come to Extend for both types of claims.
See Extend’s full terms and conditions Here
2. How many times can I use the Extend ADH Protection Plan?
The Extend ADH Protection Plan is a single replacement program that allows for a 1-time replacement of a like or comparable product should it become defective.
3. How does a customer purchase an Extend ADH Protection Plan?
An ADH protection plan is available on the product page and will be added to your cart during check out. If you haven't purchased it upon placing the order, you have time to still purchase it until the order is fulfilled. After that, it won't be possible to purchases the Extended Warranty.
4. What are the customer benefits of an Extend ADH Protection Plan?
Extend provides peace of mind and financial protection should there be an accident with your product, such as a drop, break, or spill.
The Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) plans are in effect from day one alongside the manufacturer’s limited warranty and last for the duration of the purchased ADH plan’s term length.
Additionally, when the manufacturer’s warranty expires, the Extend ADH plan will continue to cover accidental damage as well as product failure due to mechanical or electrical failure, should that be applicable. Extend is a reliable service that makes purchasing and filing claims on protection plans easy through an easy-to-use online portal and a great customer experience team.
5. What products are covered?
The extended warranty applies to IQbuds 2 Max.
6. What is the Extended Warranty start date?
The coverage begins upon contract creation (at the time of sale) and runs alongside the manufacturer's (Nuheara) warranty.
7. What do I need when I need to utilize my Extend ADH Protection Plan and file a claim?
Please have your contract ID or email address handy in order to file a claim through the Extend Customer Claims Portal or by contacting Extend’s Customer Care Team at 877-248-7707.
If you contact the merchant directly to file the claim, you will be warmly transferred to Extend via phone at 877-248-7707.
8. Where is my contract ID?
Customers will receive an email after purchasing a protection plan that details:
● Contract ID
● Warranty Term Length
● Coverage Dates
● Product Name
Please contact the Extend Customer Care Team if you did not receive this email at WarrantyOps@Extend.com.
9. If a product covered by Extend is replaced under the MFR warranty, does the Extend plan cover the new product?
Yes, the replacement product will continue to be covered under Extend’s protection plan.
The Extend ADH protection coverage dates will remain unchanged.
10. What is the process to file a claim under an Extend Protection Plan?
Extend makes it easy to file a claim either through the call center or the online portal. Below are the steps the customer will go through to have their product replaced:
● The customer provides a contract ID, email address, or another piece of identifying information to Extend
● Extend entitles (validates) contract coverage by ensuring:
○ The plan is active
○ The date is between the Effective & Expiration Dates
● The customer will then answer a few Adjudication questions
● High-level troubleshooting steps are offered
● Extend will be in constant communication with the customer to ensure services have been
scheduled and completed
● Customers can repair this device until the number of times and cost of the repair exceeds the
retail price of the product.
11. If the Customer experiences any complications during the Claims process, what can they do?
The Customer can contact the Extend Customer Care Team in the Extend Claims Portal
(https://customers.extend.com/)or via phone at 877-248-7707.
12. Can I cancel my Extend Protection Plan?
Yes, customers can cancel their coverage at any time.
13. When the customer cancels their Extend plan, what is the refund policy?
The customer is entitled to a full refund within 60 days of purchase. After 60 days, the customer is entitled to a pro-rata refund on the unused portion of the service contract.
14. Should a product order be canceled or returned within the defined trial period (currently a 30 day money back guarantee) with an RMA, then when and how will I be refunded for Extend warranty?
Nuheara will process the refund of your extended warranty alongside the refund for IQbuds2 Max.